Saturday, June 19, 2010

On my way, kind of



I'm on my way! I left Toronto this morning and flew to Vancouver and then to Portland Oregon. Flights were uneventful except for the 2 babies, 2 bratty kids, and barking dog (yes, barking dog!) all sitting near me. I was about to get all pissed off when I realized I don't think I should complain about the conditions inside an airplane that takes 5 hours to cover what it's going to take me nearly 2 moths to ride!

Before I get started, I wanted to make sure to recognize the efforts of Kailee Kaufman who (along with sister Nicole) made sure to raise a huge amount of money with her school's bake sale. Way to go Kailee and Nicole.

So, I get to Portland today, and I'm walking to the baggage claim to get my bag when who do I see, waiting for me in Portland, but my son Adam. It seems my son (with the help of my wife The Duchess) is my Father's Day present. Adam met me at the airport and has accompanied me to Astoria to help see me off. I could not have been more surpirised and this is the best Father's Day gift I could ever get. We went for a nice dinner and we're now going to watch a lot of Simpsons episodes together. Tomorrow I'm going to ride to the Pacific coast (we're abut 25 kms inland) and dip my wheel in the ocean. Only one more day until we start the ride.

1 comment: